1. Art Deco McDonald’s in Clifton Hill, Victoria, Australia
2. McDonald’s in Time Square, New York City
3. McDonald’s at Galleria Vittoria Emanuele in Milan, Italy
4. White Colonial Mansion McDonald’s in Hyde Park, New York
5. Exotic McDonald’s in Yangshuo, China
6. McDonald’s Airplane in Taupo, New Zealand
7. World’s Biggest McDonald’s Olympic Park in London, England
8. McDonald’s on Piac utca in Debrecen, Hungary
9. McDonald’s in Higashiomi, Shiga, Japan
10. McDonald’s on the Las Vegas Strip, Nevada, USA
11. Colonial McDonald’s in Independence, Ohio
12. McDonald’s in Paris, France
13. McDonald’s in Porto, Portugal
14. Sand Lake Road McDonald’s in Orlando, Florida, USA
15. McDonald’s on the Water in Aswan, Egypt
16. McDonald’s River Boat on the Mississippi River, St. Louis, MO
17. Retro McDonald’s in Fairhaven, Massachusetts, USA
18. McDonald’s in Ohrid, Macedonia
19. McDonald’s in Downtown Hangzhou, China
20. McDonald’s in Hameln, Lower Saxony, Germany
21. McDonald’s Drive Thru in Ulsan, South Korea
22. McDonald’s in Freeport, Maine, USA
23. Cast Iron McDonald’s on Canal Street, New York City, USA
24. McDonald’s Barnhouse in Yellowstone, Montana, USA
25. McDonald’s in Tbilisi, Georgia
26. McDonald’s on Eastern Long Island, USA
27. McDonald’s in Bray Town Hall, Ireland
28. McDonald’s in Lindau, Germany
29. McDonald’s in Chinatown, New York City, USA
30. McDonald’s in Darling Harbour, Sydney, Australia
31. McDonald’s on Spanish Broadway (Gran Via) in Madrid, Spain
Before you can favourite this post, we need to quickly create your awesome profile page.
31 Strange & Unusual McDonald's Around The Globe
McDonalds single-handidly feed 68,000,000 people on the planet. Across 119 countries. Every. Single. Day.
Now there's certainly a lot of controversy around eating at McDonalds, from how they source their produce, to the health impacts of eating it - but one thing that you can say about McDonald's with absolutely certainty, is that wherever you are in the world, the taste of the Big Mac is universal.
It's pivotal to their worldwide success, whichever McDonald's you visit, wherever you are in the world – it will always taste the same. Don't ask about the processes with which they have to go through to achieve that – but it’s a fact nonetheless. That universal taste, the familiarity and predictability is a key ingredient into explaining their phenomenal success.
But the one thing (in fact the only thing) that isn’t predictable about McDonald's is the designs and locations of their restaurants. We look at some of the most unusual outlets around the globe, you’ll not find any common link between any of them, save for the name.
You can view more here via the official Flickr community.
Do let us know which is your favourite by leaving a comment below.