When it comes to movies, we are usually so utterly immerses in them, that we don’t ever stop to consider the wealth of work, preparation and effort that goes into the making them. Crews, actors and production companies commit to spending several years onset, creating movie magic for us to enjoy on a Friday night over the course of a couple of hours.
Let’s take a look at the real moments of magic, not from behind the camera – but around it. Here’s 20 real behind the scenes from 20 famous movies – designed to give you a glimpse into a whole new world many of us movie fans never get the chance to see.
1. Stanley Kubrick with his daughter, Jack Nicholson and the crew on The Shining.
2. The Howling
3. The French Connection — The rig setup for Gene Hackman’s epic car chase.
4. The Empire Strikes Back credits roll
5. The Birds (1961) — Tippi Hedren with Hitchcock.
7. Sesame Street – Utter Classic
8. Marathon Man — Hoffman & Olivier.
9. Requiem for a Dream — Jennifer Connelly strapped in tight
10. Rebel Without A Cause — James Dean, Natalie Wood & director Nicholas Ray.
11. Nosferatu (1922) — Relaxing…
12. King Kong (1933)
13. Godfather — fish-line bullet holes.
14. Who Ya Gonna Call? Ghostbusters!
15. On the set of Fritz Lang’s Metropolis
16. On the set of Faust
17. Tron (1982)
18. Dr. Strangelove — Sellers & Kubrick
19. On the set of Alien
20. On the spaceship set of 2001: A Space Odyssey.
ENJOYED IT? SHARE IT!